Monday, September 15, 2008

I Love the Circus!









I know how cheesy that sounds and I know the circus that comes to Columbus is pretty lame but going to the Shrine Circus every year as a kid kinda ingraines it in you. My Popsie was a shriner and he was so proud of what the Shriners do for children...he was never a clown and he was never a member of the "Potentate" or the Provost Guard but he was dedicated to the causes the Shriners serve and every bit of the money raised goes to help children.

So, that being said, it brings back a lot of memories of my Popsie every time I go to the circus. My little brother and I worked the shows every year selling balloons and light sabers. We loved being a part of all of it. Now, of course, I see the seediness of circus life and how hard it is on the animals. But I still take my kids to see the tigers, elephants, motorcycle daredevils, etc. This was LE's first experience with the circus. She was a little alarmed at the noise but once she got over that...hog heaven, baby. I guess ANY kid would have a hard time saying no to cotton candy, popcorn, & peanuts.

post signature

No comments: