Well, we had a noneventful drive up to North GA yesterday to pick up the kiddos. Boy was I glad to see their faces but not as happy as LE!You should have seen her giddy grin!! She wouldn't even go for a nap because she was afraid she'd miss something. Everyone is worn slap out and full of camp snippets to share. I especially loved hearing them sing their camp songs this morning while we unpacked their bags...it made a dreadful chore a whole lot more enjoyable.
AC has come home with a nasty cold and hives, poor thing. We think he's allergic to the detergent they use on the clothes. So- cold meds and hydracortisone cream and off to bed he went without the first complaint tonight.
RC has mastered the unicycle and after a full day of practising...he too is off to bed. (He also came home sick with a sore throat but it didn't slow him down much.)
MR practised her Galagher (the comedian) routine tonight by gleefully smashing the remains of the watermelon all over the street. Poor neighbors think we're nuts but it WAS a lot of fun.
and LE is in bed but not happy about it...she thinks we're partying w/o her.
As for me--I am just tickled pink to have all my chilin' sleeping under the same roof tonight. I think it will be the best night of sleep I've had in 2 weeks!
ps...we're headed back to Hotlanta tomorrow morning to take the girls to the American Girl Doll Bistro for MR's 9th birthday. I'll update again soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment