Saturday, June 21, 2008

A haircut and a new shirt for a big girl...



MR is growing up. I don't like it but she is and no amount of my kicking and screaming is going to slow it down. She has opinions about style and clothing when she never used to care what she put on. She wore smocked dresses until recently when she told me they were too "little girl". WHAT!?!?!? Now she humors me and wears what I ask to keep from hurting my feelings. She is really that sweet. But if left to her own devices...polka dotted tees and plaid shorts in clashing colors are what will be on her body. And she has a closet FULL of precious clothes...stuff most girls her age would love wearing but she is still deciding what she likes so some days those clothes are good and some days...NOT. At least they are not low cut, too tight or too growny looking. She's very modest in that respect.
The Shirt
I made this peasant style blouse (Maja's Heirlooms-Tricia) yesterday trying to find a compromise. It's blue-her choice. It's smocked- my choice. I told her she could wear it with whatever she liked...she chose blue jeans. Fine. But I have a feeling i will find it buried under her bed next week.
The Haircut...
Bubble gum...need I say more?
post signature

No comments: