Monday, May 5, 2008

From my front yard









My front yard (& the back as well for that matter) leave MUCH to be desired (like grass). Sure, I'll get the bug every once in a GREAT while and plant a few flowers and I even remember to water them for the first few weeks! I just don't have a green thumb but as i sit on my front porch watching the world pass by, I am reminded that it's not always about a perfect patch of zoysia (that's fancy grass). We have lots of neat little treasures here in our little plot of the world. I love to see all the neighborhood kids gather in my front yard to play in the hose (even though there are plenty of pools to go to). We have stones, some painted and some not, littering the islands from exotic places like Beijing (!) and the Little Grand Canyon and even an old family home place. We have a piece from an old farm machine acting as a step stone. And even a few critters call this their home; squirrels, chipmunks, woodpeckers, wire rabbits, ladybugs, giant ants, carpenter bees, etc. I am amazed at how many critters we share this piece of land with! We even have a driad living in our pin oak! (Those of you familiar with Narnia know that they are sprites that inhabit trees).

Now that I think about it, there is no place on Earth that I'd rather be to watch the world go by and with all the running around we do...isn't it nice to just sit sometimes?

post signature

No comments: