Friday, April 18, 2008

Spring Break!











We are just coming off of a fantastic Spring Break. Since we did our little Washington trip earlier in the season, there was no pressure (& no money) to go off on another jaunt so we stayed home and piddled. We visited Callaway Gardens and had a picnic--RC is fixated on having a pet bird so he took MANY pictures of the macaws in the Callaway butterfly center. On the way home we stopped at the country store and each got an old fashioned coke (in a glass bottle with a metal cap). "Cocola" tastes so much better in a glass bottle. We also planted some corn and sunflowers that we will soon move to our raised garden to grow a sunflower house. The kids are very excited about that. To wrap up the week, we went strawberry picking with some friends in Reynolds and ate strawberries right off the vine in the middle of the field. mmmmmm...so good! Then we enjoyed homemade strawberry icecream. yummm. On the way home we stopped off in Talbotton, GA where my friend Collins' family roots are. We visited this really cool old episcopal church and I got a few good photos.
I hope your week was as laid back as ours...nice memories...I really am looking forward to the kids being out for Summer Break.....remind me I said that come July!

post signature

No comments: